Monday, December 13, 2010

Random Thoughts




An amazing thing is these interwebs... I saved this several months (years?) ago and thought that I would add it to this page tonight ...

<snip>
"I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?
  What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
  What if we flipped through it several times a day?
  What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
  What if we used it to receive text messages?
  What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
  What if we gave it to our kids as gifts?
  What if we used it when we traveled?
  What if we used it in case of emergency"

This is something to make you go...where IS my Bible?   

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill and there are no dropped calls!"

</snip>

But before I posted it, I gave a short snip-pet of the text a run through Google to see how often it had appeared on the inter-tube-ules (don't want to seem like I'm parroting something for no reason than to pass an email along as a new blog post...) but there were 34K+ returns on the search... then I saw the Snoops.com's forum at the top of the list. Now that just out and out piques my curiosity... what would I find on the "stellar" web snoop for true and/or false information? Seems that the atheists and agnostics (aka progressive/liberal/democrats) were having a field day on the Snoopes forums when this tidbit arrived back in 2007... (see for yourself...(Snoops forum on Bible Vs. Cell Phone) ummm... wow... seems that user 'HollowMan" gave the above text a thorough 'Fisking"...

<snip2>

"I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

We would probably loose it somewhere.

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

We would damage it with use, and need to put it in the shop.

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
We would be late for work, and get fired.

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
This one's a stretch...

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
Then when we didn't have it, we'd DIE!!!eleventy-twelve!!1!

What if we gave it to Kids as gifts?
They would probably break it, or be more enamored of the box."

</snip2>

Again, I can only say "WOW!"

If this is the state of mind of the prog/lib/dem's then our future is very, very scary under the "hopey-changey" admin we have these days... (want some tea?)

I was an agnostic for many years - even before I knew what the word 'agnostic' meant. To totally discard the message of real hope and a change of the old man to the new man as we have been promised and then to Fisk the writer just for an attempt to get a laugh? I should "Fisk-the-Fisker" just to feel better about all of this but it's really not worth my time as I would probably just end up creating a troll...

I had saved this to share with the Jr. High Sunday school class I was teaching at the time and knowing the kids in my class, their comments and questions would have been much more stinging than what "HollowMan' posted above... but then the screen-name says more than I could ever add to this discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Details, details, details...